This is a 2-day onsite course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and requirements of ISO 14001.
Participants gain understanding of key environmental management concepts, such as aspect and impact identification, setting objectives and targets.
By the end of this course, you will have the information necessary to design an environmental management system that would meet the requirements of this international standard as well as applicable environmental regulations and stakeholder.
Attendees will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
This course is for people responsible for development of a compliant environmental management system based on ISO 14001 standard.
Plant or environmental managers, process engineers, health and safety professionals are people who may need to attend and receive hands on training on how to implement ISO 14001 requirements in their organization.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Applicable knowledge of ISO 14000 standard, as well as Environmental regulations requirements
- How to consider product life cycle aspect in an environmental management system
- Process approach and risk – based thinking
- Documentation requirements
- Planning of implementation
- Certification and auditing processes and requirements
- ISO 14001 standard, its background, history and evolution
- Environmental management system fundamentals and terminologies
- ISO 14001 requirements; environmental regulations and interested parties’ requirements
- Product life cycle and its impact on an environmental management system
- Implementation project planning and methodology
- Hands on and practical workshops throughout the course