This onsite course assists participants in understanding and implementation of both Design FMEA and Process FMEA using the latest AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
Basically, FMEA is a robust technical risk analysis for product and process design activities. In this course we will provide a 7-Step Approach for risk identification and analysis.
Evaluating the consistency of FMEA Applications; measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of FMEA, and developing action plans within the organization are the main subjects.
For companies responsible for product design; both Design FMEA (DFMEA) and Process FMEA (PFMEA) are required to take. If the company is not design responsible PFEMA portion of the course is sufficient.
Course duration depends on whether company is product design responsible.
Attendees will receive a certificate.
Who should attend?
DFMEA is recommended for design engineers, system engineers, component engineers, test engineers, quality and reliability engineers, FMEA facilitators, project managers, and auditors.
PFMEA is recommended for process and manufacturing engineers, process validation engineers, quality and reliability engineers, FMEA facilitators, project managers, and auditors.
- Understanding the benefits of a robust technical risk analysis
- How to apply the 7-Step Approach in the execution of an actual FMEA
- How to evaluate the consistency of FMEA applications
- How to measure FMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality
- Develop an Implementation action Plan for FMEA
- How to derive information from FMEA to develop a Control Plan.
- How to update Control Plan when FMEA is revised
- How to develop control plans for your manufacturing processes.
- Overview of FMEA fundamentals based on AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Applying 7-Step Approach, integrated with Lessons Learned and error-proofing to develop FMEA.
- Perform a FMEA preparation by using new method and tools
- Linkages between Design FMEA and Process FMEA
- Introduction to Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA-MSR)
- FMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality
- Build a workable Implementation Plan for the AIAG & VDA FMEA
- Evaluate FMEA application cases
- Process FMEA and Control Plan Linkages
- Control Plan concepts and foundation.
- Developing and Implementing Control Plans
- How to review and update Control Plans as living documents