ISO 14001-2015, an environmental management system, is a systematic approach to dealing with the environmental aspects of an organization.
The overall aim of ISO 14001-2015 is to support environmental protection and prevention of pollution in balance with socio-economic needs.
This standard provides a framework which can be used by an organization to set up an effective environmental management system. It can be used by any organization regardless of its activity, sector or size. Implementing an ISO 14001-2015 can provide assurance to the management; employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental aspects and impacts are measured and improved.
Reduction of waste management cost, saving in energy and material consumption, improved corporate image among the society are main benefits of ISO 14001-2015 certification.
Benefits of ISO 14001-2015 certification:
An ISO 14001-2015 certification:
- helps an organization to achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system
- provides value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties such as share holders, employees, customers, surrounding neighbors, and regulatory bodies.
- enhances of environmental performance, such as improving re-cycling, reducing waste, saving energy and material consumption, etc.
- fulfilment of compliance obligations which are laid out in applicable environmental protection acts and regulations, Authorities Having Jurisdiction 9AHJs) such as municipalities.
- achievement of environmental objectives and targets.